Wednesday 3 December 2008

Ho Ho Hum Bug

Is three days into December too early to turn Grinch?


By jingo Christmas has come early this year! According to Tesco it started coming in October. By December the 1st I was worried and now 3 days in I've had enough. Its cold and I'm miserable.


High streets have been light up like Heathrow's 3rd run way, adverts all play Slade (possibly the worst song EVER) and people in my work place have donned the classic Santa hat. How droll. Kill me. Kill me quickly.


Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas day. That rocks, but the build up is a killer. Its like being held under water to slowly drown and it starts from the first jingle of jolly bells on the radio waves. I just hope my lungs aren't filled with the glacial waters by the the big day. Is it like this every year? By the 25th will I be out of the water gasping for air and cranberry sauce?


The only thing that has made this, the 3rd day of December, worth living through was the news article that I read, courtesy of my amigo on his Twitter, that Ikea are now selling reindeer meat . . . Yum! I fancy a BBQ this weekend and Rodolph is invited. Hell he can even bring Blitzer. But Donner will be the main event. Chilli sauce baby!!!



Peace of dark or light meat?

1 comment:

  1. It pains me to see that Christmas is just as overblown in the UK as it is here in the US. Nothing is worse than visiting a pharmacy on November 1st and watching the angry elves inside toss the Halloween leftovers and stock the shelves with candy canes.

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories