Friday 24 October 2008

Is Gay the new Black?

Deciding to spend a Friday night in can be a hard. You have to justify it as a way of saving money, keeping healthy, avoiding horror photos on FaceBook come Monday. Because you've put so much on the line to stay in - no out on the lash with the boys, no booze Britain, no pizza on the way home, no £80 fine for public disorder - you assume the TV is going to be amazing to compensate.



And then you realise. It isn't. Friday night television is like diarrhoea. Its watered down, it stinks and its the last excuse you'll use for staying in on a Friday night. Last night the only sweetcorn of substance on the box was Celebrity Ding Dong with Alan Carr. They had Fashionistas VS Hardmen. And I have to say it was pretty funny. It was however pretty camp.


So I got to thinking . . . is being Gay the new Black?

It seemed that even the Hardmen - Danny Dyer, Razor that one what did East Enders then DFS and Nick Someone - were all loving the gay jokes and bit of flirting with Gok and Alan. I'm sure a few years ago Razor (who would seem is third in the evolutionary line after Harry of the Hendersons and Hagrid) would have knocked Gok's lights out for jesting about porking him. But he didn't.


Modern Man has become the Metro Man. Is that edgy enough? I don't think it is any more. You have to camp it up to be cool today.






So today I have swapped my Boyz In Da Hood for Sex In The City. If that doesn't keep me street cred up I don't know what will!!



Carrie Bradshaw and the girls, increase the peace.

2 comments:

  1. I got the peace sign photo from a flickr user, but he seems to have changed the photo. perhaps youcan find it in his stream.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ortizmj12/2332561814/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I added your site to my blogroll! Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories