Sunday 26 October 2008

Ricky Gervais - the fugazi of comedy

Be it magazine, tabloid, radio or TV, Ricky Gervais is everywhere. Every time I see his gerbil head the rage sets in.


In the recent interview with Shortlist he just kept going on about how down to earth and humble he is. Bollocks. He loves himself worse than Russel Brand. I wouldn't mind so much - arrogance isn't a problem, hell I think I'm a direct relative of Baby Jesus himself, and I love Russel Brand, but he acts as if it is irony.


Shooting to fame in The Office must have been hard. I mean one minute you're in Reading, next minute Slough . . . except you're famous. The actor in The Office became a cult hero in no time . Thing is that the actor in The Office wasn't acting. He is actually David Brent. Every interview, every film, everything is Brent. He did the Brent dance at Live Aid. Sell out much Mr. Gervais? This new film Ghost Town - basically Ricky "I am actually David Brent" Gervais being himself. Again. Its borrrring.


So back to what really bugs me. His apparent arrogance being labelled as irony. No, its ironic that he thinks he is a good actor. Its ironic that he is famous for acting as Brent - when in fact he is the Brent.


Ricky, Ricky, Ricky . . . its not long till everyone realises how much of a twat pussy you really are. 2 suggestions - firstly; fess up to being as arrogant as seem, secondly admit that you are Brent.





Ricky Gervais is this week's peace of guff.

4 comments:

  1. What a load of guff. Ricky Gervais is a legend. What gives you the right to slag him off? He's got more talent in one of his toe nail clippings than you do in your entire greasy body. I love Ricky Gervais. You're going down. Down town. With a clown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Ricky - Ricky Gervais is a legend to many - he will undoubtably have cult status for a substancial time to come - however he gets my goat, boils my egg and does my box in. I just think its time he realises that he is a one trick pony. Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For those of you interested in Ricky he is now going to be doing Sesame Street. I tell you what if he does the Brent dance with Elmo I will get the Count to kill me.

    "Hey Ricky, how muny divverent caharacters can you be? One, one caharacter. Ha ha ha haaa"

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7727757.stm

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories