Friday 24 October 2008

Retired? Not in my day!

Today I read something that warmed the depths of my cynical soul.

Everyone loves old people. How can you not love an old person!! Well... I guess not when they want your seat on the bus. Or when they smell of pee... We love most old people that aren't listed above. We love them ones what are grey and cuddlesome that spend their Sundays passing on their worldly wisdom to little people who love Werthers Originals. No hint of dementia. No hint of incontinence.

So today I saw an article - it was all about this old geeza Bernie. He retired but got bored. Here is his story...

Bernie aged 67 got a job. Not just any job. A job that even Polish people wouldn't do. He worked as a loo attendant.



Bernie's work was so fantastic he actually won loo attendant of the year from the British Toilet Association. I didn't even know that there was a British Toilet Association!!! There is http://www.britloos.co.uk/ . He made these loos in Barry so pleasant that people actually spent up to 45 minutes there. Who - other than George Michael - spends 45 minutes in a public toilet? Well Bernie made it happen.

Bernie we love you. Keep doing your thing. Increase the peace.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7687689.stm

1 comment:

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories