Friday 7 November 2008

Digger vs Dump Truck

As a child I was never fond of race cars. They were fast - I was not. They were red - I hate red. They were flashy - I wore blue glasses for educational purposes.


Diggers, dump trucks and 4X4s is where it was at. Vrooooom just couldn't compare with VVRRRUUUUUMMMMM.


Now as an "adult" I still get all excited seeing diggers and dump trucks. A warm sense of comfort from being in their presence. But I want to know which is better? What would I rather be? A digger or a dump truck?


Diggers move with the grace of a ballerina directed by the symphony conductor disguised as a foreman. Each movement cutting into the earth like a surgeon's knife with precision and purpose. Yellow like fire flickering back and forth in a well stoked hearth. Busy yet not rushed you could say. They move me to write a haiku;


Digging the earth in eternal toil, flowing bold movements, you are well yellow.


If I was a digger I would be called Laurence or Victor for they are good names for a digger.

But then we see the silent partner, the unsung hero. The Yin to Victor's Yang - the dump truck. He does not wish to stand out. He is happy to go unnoticed even though he sits the size of a house waiting controlled and measured. With such power and strength it could cause havoc but it is a peaceful creature. It sits content by fields whilst other rush about. Nonchalant it shrugs off the praise and the gasps of amazement as it carries many tons of the Earth's darkest flesh upon its back. It is a noble creature. A dump truck would make a good husband I think. The dump truck would feel flattered by a haiku but would think it rather unnecessary. I will respect its wishes and not write one.


Dump trucks are called Roger or Bernard. If I was a dump truck I would be called George.

I think I prefer dump trucks. If your listening - I know what I want from Santa this year.

God bless us every one. Peace

1 comment:

  1. This blog is really great. The information here will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!. polyurea

    ReplyDelete

 
My Zimbio
Top Stories